Better Students Ask More Questions.
What five steps are necessary to effectively delegate and what is the role of a leader...
1 Answer | add yours
- Know what to delegate – The manager most be clear on what is being delegated and the expectations of the delegated task
- Decide who to delegate to- The manager most be selective on who tasks are delegated to and make sure that the individuals selected are qualified and up to the job
- Delegate – Appropriate level decision making authority should be granted as well as clear instructions and documentation
- Monitor- Work should be supervised and feedback provided where necessary
- Dynamic – The delegation should be ongoing and corrections made where or when necessary. Work should be evaluated for efficiency, productivity and correctness and adjustments made when appropriate
Delegation in business is the act of sharing or transferring authority and responsibility for a given task to a subordinate. It is done for reasons ranging from employee empowerment to management efficiency and productivity. The five steps necessary for effective delegation and the manager’s role in them are:
Posted by farouk23 on October 2, 2013 at 2:41 PM (Answer #1)
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.