In To Kill a Mockingbird, what are 10 questions to ask about Chapters 17-18 about the main quotes?
I need some on symbolism and tone/point of view/style. Thanks for helping!
1 Answer | Add Yours
- Why did Sheriff Tate decide not to seek medical attention for Mayella?
- What was important about Atticus's questions concerning the specific locations of the bruises found on Mayella?
- Why were the long paragraphs about the Ewells presented just as Bob takes the witness stand?
- Why is it important for Atticus to know with which hand Bob writes?
- Why does Jem seem "to be having a quiet fit" after Mr. Gilmer asks Bob if he is "ambidextrous"?
- Why does Mayella "burst into tears" when Mr. Gilmer begins questioning her?
- Why does Atticus ask Mayella if she has any friends?
- Why does Atticus ask Mayella about the whereabouts of the other Ewell children?
- Why does Scout suggest that Judge Taylor might put Mayella "under the jail" for her contemptuous remarks?
- Why does Dill think Judge Taylor would be "hell with a spitball"?
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.Join eNotes