Better Students Ask More Questions.
What systems are involved with a response and reaction to danger, as in a car wreck?
1 Answer | add yours
High School Teacher
According to one source, six "systems" are involved in perceiving a threat and reacting to it.
1. Autonomic nervous system: This system alerts the body to danger.
2. Adrenal cortex: This mediator of stress responses releases stress hormones.
3. Heart: It begins to beat faster and harder.
4. Lungs: Breathing becomes faster.
5. Thyroid gland: This gland triggers metabolism.
6. Muscles: Large muscles in the body become filled by oxygenated blood.
Posted by literaturenerd on August 8, 2013 at 1:21 AM (Answer #1)
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.