Better Students Ask More Questions.
Identify which base and which acid are needed to make these salts: calcium chloride...
1 Answer | add yours
- Hydrochloric acid and Calcium hydroxide/ oxide
- Phosphoric acid and Potassium hydroxide
- Sulfuric acid and Sodium hydroxide
- Nitric acid and Magnesium hydroxide/oxide
- Hydrochloric acid and cupric hydroxide/oxide
- Sulfuric acid and Potassium hydroxide
The reaction between an acid and a base produces salt and water This is known as neutralization reaction. In general, HA + MOH ---> MA + H2O
Where HA is the acid, MOH the base and MA is the salt produced.
Hence, in order to make the respective salts, the acid base pairs that are needed to react are enumerated below:
Posted by llltkl on January 23, 2013 at 7:55 AM (Answer #1)
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.