Better Students Ask More Questions.
Regarding the elements of the physical distribution system: what questions must each...
1 Answer | add yours
High School Teacher
Best answer as selected by question asker.
There are many different questions which need to be answered regarding the different elements of physical distribution.
Companies must ask the following questions when determining the customer service they will provide.
1. What type of customer service needs to be offered to consumers? 2. What considerations will be made for customer issues (billing, damaged products, partial orders, items on back-order)? 3. What type of customer service will be most/least profitable for the company?
1. What types of product transportation are obtainable for the company? 2. What are the different costs associated with each mode of transportation? 3. What are the different arrival times associated with each mode of transportation?
1. Is there enough room to warehouse the product on-site? 2. What options are there with external warehousing companies? 3. What is the turnover time from placed order to shipping, when looking at internal or external warehousing?
1. What type of inventory control is in place, if any? 2. What options are there for inventory control? 3. Is there a way to keep exact inventory of product on hand?
1. How do customers like to order products? 2. What options does the company have? 3. What can the company do to save money or ordering?
Packaging and Handling
1. What can the company do to make product packaging and handling more cost efficient? 2. Is the product packaged in material which protects the product? 3. Is the packaging appealing to the consumer?
Posted by literaturenerd on June 16, 2012 at 6:35 PM (Answer #1)
Related QuestionsSee all »
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.