1 Answer | Add Yours
There are different methods in writing a formal laboratory report which contains the following:
- Title of the Experiment
Summary of the experimentation
- Theoretical background
- Experimental Design and Procedure
Applying this on a particular topic such as the effects of Osmosis on the living cells, the pattern can be drafted as:
- Osmosis on Living Cells
- Introduction - should contain the goals of the experiment such as what are we expecting to see in the cells when concentration/s of the surrounding environment changes. It should also contain a brief summary of what the researchers did in the entire experiment.
- Theoretical background - there should be a brief research about the experiment. It should be concise and the reference be cited accordingly.
- The experimental design and procedure - this includes an itemized detail of the materials which includes the equipment, chemicals and apparatus set-up. The procedure should be drafted in detail. Using a diagram for the procedure is a good way to explain the steps.
- The analysis should have the detailed results of the experiment. The researcher should be able to notify the changes or effects when the parameters are changed.
- Conclusion should be a brief realization of the experiment. It should be able to meet the goals and be able to interpret the results that were recorded.
We’ve answered 330,404 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question