Better Students Ask More Questions.
How does technology affect people today?How does technology affect people today?
2 Answers | add yours
- Agricultural technology allows farmers to produce more food.
- Medical technology gives us longer, healthier lives.
- Technology such as the internet and telephones helps us stay in touch with people we love.
- That sort of technology also makes our lives more fun.
- Technology needs energy, which leads to pollution and global climate change.
- Computers and the internet allow for things like much easier identity theft.
- Technology like video games and TV help make us less healthy. They also allow us to lose touch with other people as we stay at home and entertain ourselves electronically.
Technology affects people today in so many ways, both positive and negative. I will list a few of each.
For positive effects:
Posted by pohnpei397 on February 20, 2012 at 3:53 AM (Answer #2)
High School Teacher
Along the lines of one of the points above, we can say that technology helps to increase efficiency of production and to make production safer. Using technology to improve industrial effeciency helps to save energy and resources, which has a long-term effect on a global scale.
On a more personal level, computer technology often functions as a means of assitance, whether in regards to travel (GPS) or information (Google).
Posted by e-martin on January 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM (Answer #3)
Related QuestionsSee all »
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.