2 Answers | Add Yours
the only way to understand trig and know it inside and out is by reviewing everything from the beginning. If you practice it consistantly then you should be able to do it faster.
you can also get a math tutor to help you understand and get through the toughness of the matter.
since you're in 10th grade, you're in the honors class making it much tougher on you then it should be, if you were in a regular math class. If the class is too cut-throat for you, you could go down a level in math and take trig again either over the summer or in school and then you can catch up and be on level for when you take pre-calc.
either way you choose, each method requires time and patience because nothing could be accomplished over night.
There's no getting around the fact that you will have to work with trig in order to be successful with it. However, there are some tricks you can remember in order to make it easier.
(1) Always draw a diagram. Even if a diagram is already given in the question, a quick sketch that you have done usually helps you get your mind in the habit of determining what is given and what you need to still find.
(2) When tacking specific problems, try the easier stuff first before you get into the more complicated methods. This is usually the order of:
- Similar triangles
- Pythagorean Theorem
- Right-Angled Triangles
- Sine Law
- Cosine Law
- Combinations of the above
(3) Especially for the last item (combinations of methods) it is important to determine what you need to find, and work backwards. For example, if the question is asking you to find the height of a cliff, and to do that you need to find the length of a bridge, then in order to solve the question, you need to find the length of the bridge first beforeyou can find the height of the cliff.
(4) Work with your friends. Form a group that gets together every few days to go over problems and help each other. The more you practice this, the better you will get!
We’ve answered 288,191 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question