1 Answer | Add Yours
Given below are some examples of monopoly, monopolistic competition and oligopoly in India.
- Indian Railways has monopoly in Railroad transportation
- State Electricity board have monopoly over generation and distribution of electricity in many of the states.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited has monopoly over production of aircraft.
- There is Government monopoly over production of nuclear power.
- Operation of bus transportation within many cities.
- Land line telephone service in most of the country is provided only by the government run BSNL.
- Some restaurants enjoy monopolistic competition because of their popularity and reputation.
- Demand for some specific models of automobiles outstrips the production capacity. This creates situation of monopolistic competition. Similar monopolistic situation develops for some given periods for different capital goods product from time to time.
- Some newspaper in some places enjoy almost monopolistic position in spite of existence of other competitors.
- Manufacture of some high precision products, such as multi-cylinder diesel engine fuel injection pumps, enjoy monopolistic competition because their competitors are not able to match their quality
- Airlines industry
- Petroleum refining
- Power generation and supply in most of the parts of the country
- Automobile industry
- Long distance road transportation by bus. Many of there routes have buses operated by limited numbers of operators.
- Mobile telephony.
- Internet service providers
We’ve answered 317,783 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question