- Download PDF
3 Answers | Add Yours
FUNCTIONS OF CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM:-
- To transport oxygenated blood throughout the body to various organs and cells
- To transport carbon dioxide back to the heart
- Transportation of nutrients and proteins throughout the body
- Transport white blood cells that are important for immunity that is keeps diseases and bacteria out of the system
- Transport of platelets that stop bleeding when you cut your hand by clotting
- Transport of plasma that contains red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets throughout the body.
- Transport hormones throughout the body as chemical messengers that carry messages to various organs and cells in order to make them exert their functions.
- Regulates body temperature
- Removes waste toxins from blood flowing throughout the body
The cardio means heart, and vascular means veins and arteries. Essentially, the cardiovascular system is the path of blood cells through the body, from and to the heart. This term is synonymous with the circulatory system.
Blood travels through veins and arteries throughout the body in order to provide necessary gasses (i.e. O2) to our muscles, and to pick up certain gasses (i.e. CO2) from those muscles. Via veins, CO2 is delivered to the lungs, where the blood cells exchange CO2 with O2. The O2-filled blood is then pumped out of the heart and is then delivered to muscles via arteries.
Let us look at the termology. Cardio means heart and vascular is the arteries and veins. Functions would be heart which is a pump . Pumping blood out into the body through the veins and it is retruned to heart through the arteries. It a circulatory system for the body.
We’ve answered 320,273 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question