Better Students Ask More Questions.
What is the process of hormonal control of the female reproductive cycles? Give details...
Topics: Science, Sex Hormones Tests
What is the process of hormonal control of the female reproductive cycles?
Give details information on how IVF works and explain the important of hormones in this process. Also explain how the hormones are used in IVF clinics to control IVF including how and when they are given.
1 Answer | add yours
- Oestrogen is from the ova and the corpus luteum.
- Progesterone is from the corpus luteum.
- LH is from the anterior pituitary.
- FSH is from the anterior pituitary.
- Gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH) is from the hypothalamus.
Hormones that control the female reproductive process are released by both the brain and the ovaries. Various hormones are released by each and it is these hormones in combination that produce, process and control the female reproductive cycles.
Posted by karythcara on May 21, 2013 at 10:40 PM (Answer #3)
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.