I need at least 3 likely essays on Othello and 3 likely essays on Animal Farm which may appear in the matric exam.
2 Answers | Add Yours
Do you mean predominent themes which could very well show up on your exam? Here are the main ones which come to mind (but it's only a speculation):
Othello: portrayal of prejudice, racial or sexist, as revealed in both major and minor characters/ symbolic reversal of black and white/ imposture and deceit, primarily portrayed in the character of Iago/ Othello's rashness and jealousy as part of his tragic flaw (supposition)
Animal Farm: The story as an analogy to the Russian Revolution, with Napoleon and Snowball in the roles of Stalin and Trotsky/ the degradation of the community from an ideal to a dystopia/ propaganda and political repression in the story line/ expansion of no. 1 rule 'all animals are equal but some are more equal than other' throughout the story line (giving supporting evidence).
3 potential essay topics for Othello:
- Analyze the role of race in the play.
- Explore the theme of deceit.
- Compare and contrast the female characters.
3 potential essay topics for Animal Farm:
- Describe the development of social hierarchies among the animals and explain how these hierarchies compare to those of humans.
- Compare and contrast Napoleon and Snowball.
- Select a human tyrant from history or literature and compare this person to Napoleon.
Good luck on your exam!
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.Join eNotes