1 Answer | Add Yours
In some ways, they all fight for the same reasons -- because they are expected to. Their peers expect them to and so they must. But here are some differences:
- Dally -- because he is just a really violent person and very angry at the world.
- Darry -- because he likes anything that is a physical contest
- Johnny -- so he can belong to the gang and get away from home
- Soda and Steve -- because they are just sort of into the action and the excitement. Ponyboy says Steve fights for hatred, but I don't see it.
- Ponyboy says the only good reason to fight is self-defense.
We’ve answered 317,360 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question