Better Students Ask More Questions.
Describe general properties of transition metalsGeneral properties of transition metals
1 Answer | add yours
- Low ionization energies --> can for ions easily
- Positive oxidation states --> cations
- Very hard --> because of their metallic property
- High melting points --> a metallic property
- High boiling points
- High electrical conductivity --> electrons can freely travel from one atom to the other atom.
- Malleable --> can be flatten into sheets
Transition metals are sometimes called transition elements and by IUPAC definition, they are atoms with an incomplete d sub-shell orbitals or produce a cation with an incomplete d sub-shell.
Their general properties are as follows:
Posted by jerichorayel on October 18, 2012 at 6:55 PM (Answer #1)
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.