2 Answers | Add Yours
It was during the Middle Ages when The Age of Chaucer was important (the 14th Century). During this period, the people of England found themselves unhappy with many religious, political, and social ideologies.
Chaucer was important in literature, especially poetry, given his dissent from alliterative poetry and, instead, using the heroic couplet. His works were renowned for their vivacity and color.
Here are a few characteristics of the times during The Age of Chaucer:
1. The Black Death- Killed a third of the population.
2. The Catholic Church- turned from trying to convert followers to simply maintaining power over the followers they already had.
3. Secular governments began to exert more power (prior the Catholic church had maintained most power).
4. Heresy in England- As people began to question the power of the Catholic Church, accusations of heresy began to grow.
5. Wars became more devastating and costly.
6. The advancement of technology began to slow given much had been taken as far as it possibly could for the time.
7. Famous works in Medieval Period: Canterbury Tales (Chaucer), Sir Gawain and the Green Knight (The Pearl Poet), Beowulf (Unknown),
hundred years war,age of chivairy.mixture of medieval and renaissance ,curch,literary and intellectual capabilities are very important things during the age of chaucer.the answar is too short .any way thanks i have got some points.
We’ve answered 317,860 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question