define 25 diseases & their vectors
2 Answers | Add Yours
- Plague- flea.septic shock, fever, headache, nauseam, vomiting, and aching joints. death is quite possible without treatment
- Typhus- louse and flea.headache and fever, a rash after that and possibly kidney failure and comas.
- Leishmaniasis- sand fly. skin sores that look like leprosy, fevers, enlarged spleen and liver.
- Leptospirosis- mammals. possibly jaudice, severly damaged organs, busted blood vessels, and certain death without considerable medical treatement
- Lyme Disease-tick. rash, possibly bacterial meningitis, arthritis,
- Dengue Fever-mosquito. flu like symptoms, rasg, severe headaches
- Malaria- mosquito.fever, certain strains can clump in the capillaries in teh brain and kill.
- Rabies- mammal. severe dislike of water, and death when the respiratory muscles can no longer be controlled.
- Rift Valley Fever- mosquito. possible hemorrhages, damage to the eyes.
- West Nile Virus- mosquito. 8/10 show no symptoms and the other 2 show flu like symptoms.
- Nipah Virus- animals. flu like symptoms, possible encephalitis, and death to about half that get this disease.
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever-tick. breakdown of circulation and possibly gangrene.
- Lassa Fever-best guess is rats. vomiting, diarrhea, permanent deafness, seizures, miscarriages, fevers, headaches, joint pain, damaged blood vessels.
- Cholera-drinking or eating good contaminated with the bacteria. uncontrollable diarrhea with the consistenacy of rice water, vomiting, death within the first 24 hours if there is no prompt medical treatment.
- Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies-prion from cattle. similar to Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease
- Hepatitis A- feces. jaundice, fever, tiredness, stomach ache, and possible vomiting.
- E.coli O157:H7- contaminated meat. possibly hemolytic uremic syndrome, hemorrhagic colitis, severe bloody diarrhea,
- Giardia- protozoa. diarrhea and stomach cramps
- Listeria- chilled, pre-cooked food, unpasteurized food, expired food and damaged packaging of food. is a fetal pathogena nd causes newborn meningitis
- Norwalk Virus- contaminated water and shellfish. causes gastroenteritis
- Botulism-fermented food, uncooked meat. paralyzes nerve function
- Salmonella- undercooked food. can cause enteric fever, gastroenteritis, or a certain form of arthritis
- Whooping Cough- Bordetella bacteria. severe coughing and a possibly a lung collapsing
- H1N1- virus from the Orthomyxoviridae family. Pretty much similar to the flu
- Measles- virus from the family Morbillivirus. spread through the air. Rash, general malaise
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.Join eNotes