1. Summarize the claim--the assertion--of this chapter in a single sentence.
2. Define “Manself.”
1. How does this chapter support the claim that business is “curious ritualized thievery” (211.6)?
2. Why does Bill tell Mae to “go to hell” (219.9)?
3. What is the purpose of this intercalary chapter? Explain.
1. Why does Ma refuse to allow the family to split up?
2. What do Ma’s actions illustrate about how leadership within a collective works?
3. How does this chapter illustrate that poverty clarifies morality?
4. How does this chapter argue that action is the only response to poverty?
0 Answers | Be the first to answer
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.Join eNotes