1. Does the second half of this chapter (what follows the
break on p 158) prove or disprove the claims of the first half of the
1. What are the two contrasting characteristics of mankind
illustrated in this chapter? Explain.
1. Why is Tom impatient with the fat gas station attendant?
2. According to Casy there is a greater threat to the country than the devil. What is it?
3. “Sometimes the law can’t be foller’d no way,” says Pa. Should school children be allowed to read a subversive novel like The Grapes of Wrath that seems to teach that there are times when American citizens must break the law? Explain
0 Answers | Be the first to answer
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.Join eNotes