1 Answer | Add Yours
- CAUSE: Dill bets Jem that he is too afraid to enter the Radley yard.
EFFECT: Jem accepts the dare and runs up and slaps the side of the Radley house.
- CAUSE: The children discover items in the knothole of the Radley oak.
EFFECT: They try to determine who is putting them there.
- CAUSE: Boo's parents both die.
EFFECT: Their son, Nathan, moves from Pensacola to take care of Boo.
- CAUSE: A mad dog stalks the street on which Atticus lives. EFFECT: Atticus is called upon to kill the dog since he was once the best marksman in Maycomb County.
- CAUSE: Jem becomes angry and chops down all of Mrs. Dubose's camellias.
EFFECT: Atticus requires Jem to read to her for a month as punishment.
- CAUSE: Atticus is away from Maycomb on business one Sunday.
EFFECT: Calpurnia decides she can't trust Jem and Scout to be sent to their own church alone, so she takes them to her own church in the Quarters.
We’ve answered 315,692 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question