Better Students Ask More Questions.
Name and describe the characters in "Bright Lights, Big City."
2 Answers | add yours
- You (ch 1)— a 24 year-old New York City recently separated male.
- Tad Allagash (ch 1)— your night-club hopping socialite friend.
- Clara Tillinghast / Clingfast / The Clinger (ch 2)— your unforgiving boss in the Department of Factual Verification
- Rittenhouse (ch 2)— a nervous, invisible, and perfect co-worker; Clara's star editor.
- Yasu Wade (ch 2)— an irreverent gossipy co-worker; Clara's second-favorite.
- Megan Avery (ch 2)— a sensible, honest, and friendly co-worker.
- The Druid (ch 2)— the elusive and supreme final editor.
- Alex Hardy (ch 4)— a fiction editor who knew the founding fathers of the magazine by nickname.
- Amanda (ch 5)— your ex-wife whom you assume to be in Paris.
- The Ghost (ch 6)— a writer who has supposedly been working on the same aritcle for 6 years.
- Vicky (ch 6)— Tad's cousin from Boston.
- Michael (ch 10)- your brother.
High School Teacher
Let me see if I can give this one a try. I think I can list them all from memory because you're right I couldn't find a reference for you on the site.
Unnamed Protagonist- works at a magazine as a fact checker, wife left him, abuses cocaine
Tad Allagash- best friend to the protagonist
Amanda- absentminded model who is rising fast and is the unnamed Protagonist's ex-wife
Mother-died a year earlier, Unnamed Protagonist is still reeling from the loss
Vicky- philosophy student who Jaime dates
Posted by clane on December 9, 2007 at 12:07 PM (Answer #1)
Valedictorian, Super Tutor, Tutor, Dean's List
Posted by swimma-logan on May 25, 2011 at 9:55 PM (Answer #2)
Related QuestionsSee all »
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.