1)-57 rational or irrational? 2)0.60719001 rational or irrational?3)what is the answer to this:<1/root 121>4)what is the root of 384?
these are math questions. please help me answer.there are 4 questions.
6 Answers | Add Yours
I agree that rational numbers can be written as the ratio (fraction) of two integers. Irrational numbers are non-repeating, non-terminating. 0.60719001 terminates and can be written as a fraction (although cumbersome) 60719001/100000000.
1/root (121) can be 1/11 OR - 1/11 since 121 has TWO square roots.
Regarding root (384), we can simplify 384 into 4 X 96 (not 94). The radical answer (yes this is irrational, but we are not done yet.) The greatest square factor of 384 is 64. (I kept dividing by 4 until I landed at 6) So we get the square root of 64 times the square root is 6 - or 8Xroot(6)
1) -57 is a rational number because -57 can be written as a fraction -54/1
2) 0.60719001 is an irrational number because the number does not have a complete pattern and it keeps going.
3) square root of 121 is 11 because if you square 11 you will get the answer of 121. There 11 is the square root of 121.
4) the square root of 384 is 19.59591794224265 which is not a perfect square.
1)-57 rational or irrational? rational
2)0.60719001 rational or irrational? irrational
3)what is the answer to this:<1/root 121> 1/11 (11x11 = 121 therefore the squareroot of 121 is 11)
4)what is the root of 384? 19.5959179 (not a perfect square)
I though that you are not allowed to ask multiple questions at a time but nevermind, I will still try and help you solve the equation.
1) -57 is rational as it is still a real number, means it is not a complex number that goes on for a few thousands digits. It is a terminating digit, means it will stop in some point of time, it won't carry on forever
2)0.60719901 is a rational number, same as negative 57. The reason is same as the above
3) 1/ sqrt121= positive 1/11 or negative 1/11 as 121 has positve and negative roots
4) sqrt384, according to three significant figures is 19.6. The more complex one is 19.59591794 and so on. It is a complex number and so an irrational number. To change it to surd, divide 384 by 6 to get 64. Then sqrt 64 to get 8. You get surd form (a)sqrt(b) of 8sqrt6, which is the same as sqrt384, but in simpler terms.
hi this is reallyeasy. -57 is irrational cause it is a negative number. 2.) irrational 3. the root of 384 is 19.595917
1) 57 is rational because it has an a finished answer
2) 0.6.... is irrational because it cannot be written as a fraction
4) simplified is 2 times root <94>
We’ve answered 331,053 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question