1)-57 rational or irrational? 2)0.60719001 rational or irrational?3)what is the answer to this:<1/root 121>4)what is the root of 384?
these are math questions. please help me answer.there are 4 questions.
5 Answers | Add Yours
1) 57 is rational because it has an a finished answer
2) 0.6.... is irrational because it cannot be written as a fraction
4) simplified is 2 times root <94>
hi this is reallyeasy. -57 is irrational cause it is a negative number. 2.) irrational 3. the root of 384 is 19.595917
I agree that rational numbers can be written as the ratio (fraction) of two integers. Irrational numbers are non-repeating, non-terminating. 0.60719001 terminates and can be written as a fraction (although cumbersome) 60719001/100000000.
1/root (121) can be 1/11 OR - 1/11 since 121 has TWO square roots.
Regarding root (384), we can simplify 384 into 4 X 96 (not 94). The radical answer (yes this is irrational, but we are not done yet.) The greatest square factor of 384 is 64. (I kept dividing by 4 until I landed at 6) So we get the square root of 64 times the square root is 6 - or 8Xroot(6)
I though that you are not allowed to ask multiple questions at a time but nevermind, I will still try and help you solve the equation.
1) -57 is rational as it is still a real number, means it is not a complex number that goes on for a few thousands digits. It is a terminating digit, means it will stop in some point of time, it won't carry on forever
2)0.60719901 is a rational number, same as negative 57. The reason is same as the above
3) 1/ sqrt121= positive 1/11 or negative 1/11 as 121 has positve and negative roots
4) sqrt384, according to three significant figures is 19.6. The more complex one is 19.59591794 and so on. It is a complex number and so an irrational number. To change it to surd, divide 384 by 6 to get 64. Then sqrt 64 to get 8. You get surd form (a)sqrt(b) of 8sqrt6, which is the same as sqrt384, but in simpler terms.
1)-57 rational or irrational? rational
2)0.60719001 rational or irrational? irrational
3)what is the answer to this:<1/root 121> 1/11 (11x11 = 121 therefore the squareroot of 121 is 11)
4)what is the root of 384? 19.5959179 (not a perfect square)
Join to answer this question
Join a community of thousands of dedicated teachers and students.Join eNotes