Act I, Scenes 1 and 2
1. What perception of Henry do we see among the English characters? What is their estimation of his character and personality? What different perception do we see among the French? How do these attitudes affect their political decisions?
2. Like any leader embarking on war, Henry needs the power of a united people behind him. What hint do we get that all is not well within England? How would disunity lessen his power against France?
Act II, Prologue
1. Write an essay contrasting the imagery used here to describe the English...
(The entire page is 2962 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE