1. Briefly explain why Chorus is used to introduce the play.
2. In Scene 1, what proposed law is worrying the Archbishop of Canterbury, and why?
3. How is Canterbury trying to prevent passage of this law?
4. What do we learn about Henry’s personality from Canterbury and Ely?
5. How does Canterbury justify Henry’s claim to the French throne?
6. How do Henry’s advisors feel about this matter?
7. Why does Henry decide to use only a quarter of his army against France?
8. Who is the Dauphin?
(The entire page is 331 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE