1. Explain how the alternating scenes at the King’s palace in London, the Prince’s lodging at the inn, and the council chamber at Windsor castle establish the main plot and subplot of the play.
2. Describe Falstaff in terms of his physical traits and his personality.
1. Explain the comic effects of Falstaff’s verbal and physical humor.
2. Analyze the purpose of the “play extempore” in terms of what prompted it to occur, what it reveals about the relationship between Hal and Falstaff, and what serious implications it...
(The entire page is 247 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE