Employment OpportunitiesBelow is a list of current job opportunities at eNotes. The company's office is located in the downtown area of Seattle, Washington.
Online Community and Marketing Manager
eNotes is actively seeking a creative and dynamic community/marketing manager. Our ideal candidate has experience working with, growing, and building online communities. You know how to leverage social media to energize a large group of students and teachers. You have great ideas for advertising and marketing to High School and College students and teachers. You can inspire users through email, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. You also love literature and the idea of helping students and teachers!
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in marketing, social media, and online content creation
- Successful track record of building and engaging an online community
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Genuine love for literature and education!
Send a resume and brief message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include links to your Twitter account, newsletter samples, and other examples of your most impressive work online.
Teachers and Educators
You can be a live site educator for eNotes and answer student questions, as well as write on subjects such as literature, history, social sciences, science, etc. To apply, simply visit the educator sign-up page.
Editorial and Publicity Interns
Our editorial office has a seasonal internship program. We hire current students looking for their first taste of working in the e-publishing industry. Applicants must be available to work alongside us in our Capitol Hill location; should be interested in pursuing a career in publishing, education, or some related field; must be able to commit approx. 10-12 hours per week; and finally, should display a strong work ethic and desire to keep learning. We require proficient writing and proofreading skills. We're looking for someone who can act as a true "student ambassador" amongst our team of educators!
We offer paid and work-study internships. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
eNotes is actively seeking developers with strong experience in LAMP environments. Ideal candidates should have a passion for building an innovative and exciting educational platform for students and teachers around the world. eNotes is one of the most heavily trafficked educational websites in the world, with millions of visits every year.
You will be:
- Deploying content from some of the world's largest education publishers, much of which has never been available online before.
- Working with a small, dedicated team in building innovative software applications to help students and teachers from around the world connect with each other, share ideas, and find information.
We believe smart developers can learn just about anything, but experience with the following is required:
- Object-oriented PHP, including commonly used design patterns. This means you need a thorough understanding of classes and objects, and how to use composition and inheritance to build extensible applications.
- MySQL. You need significant competency with SQL databases. You should be able to construct efficient queries against a MySQL database, understand the principles of relational databases, and understand the importance of normalization.
Previous experience in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable:
- Linux systems administration, especially with Ubuntu, and experience in cloud-based environments.
- Scaleable MySQL environments, using replication and/or clustering.
- Experience with common version control systems such as Subversion, Perforce, or Git.
- Mobile application development, particularly for the iOS platform. This is a big plus and will highlight your candidacy.
Experience with design on mobile platforms is a big plus as well.
Interested individuals should send a brief email along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we are interested, we will contact you to set up a phone interview.
eNotes offers an excellent compensation package, including health/dental insurance, and an incentive stock option plan.
eNotes has been online since 2003, serving millions of students and teachers every year. The company is privately held and has been profitable since its outset. eNotes has its offices in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle.
Quantcast ranks eNotes in the top 500 websites worldwide.