Employment OpportunitiesBelow is a list of current job opportunities at eNotes. The company's office is located in the downtown area of Seattle, Washington.
Teachers and Educators
You can be a live site educator for eNotes and answer student questions, as well as write on subjects such as literature, history, social sciences, science, etc. To apply, simply visit the educator sign-up page.
TA Student Program
We're looking for exceptional students for our TA program. eNotes Student TAs can answer homework questions on our live site. This is an exciting and flexible remote opportunity to build your résumé, earn a scholarship, and get rewards. To get started, apply here.
Contact email@example.com with any questions about the program.
Editorial, Social Media, and Math Interns
Our office has a seasonal internship program. We hire current students looking for their first taste of working in the e-publishing industry. Applicants must be available to work alongside us in our Capitol Hill location; should be interested in pursuing a career in publishing, education, or some related field; must be able to commit 10-15 hours per week; and finally, should display a strong work ethic and desire to keep learning. We require proficient writing and proofreading skills for editorial and social media candidates; math interns should be majoring in mathematics or a hard science. We're looking for interns who can act as a true "student ambassador" amongst our team of educators!
We offer paid and work-study internships. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
eNotes is actively seeking developers with strong experience in LAMP environments. Ideal candidates should have a passion for building an innovative and exciting educational platform for students and teachers around the world. eNotes is one of the most heavily trafficked educational websites in the world, with millions of visits every year.
You will be:
- Deploying content from some of the world's largest education publishers, much of which has never been available online before.
- Working with a small, dedicated team in building innovative software applications to help students and teachers from around the world connect with each other, share ideas, and find information.
We believe smart developers can learn just about anything, but experience with the following is required:
- Object-oriented PHP, including commonly used design patterns. This means you need a thorough understanding of classes and objects, and how to use composition and inheritance to build extensible applications.
- MySQL. You need significant competency with SQL databases. You should be able to construct efficient queries against a MySQL database, understand the principles of relational databases, and understand the importance of normalization.
Previous experience in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable:
- Linux systems administration, especially with Ubuntu, and experience in cloud-based environments.
- Scaleable MySQL environments, using replication and/or clustering.
- Experience with common version control systems such as Subversion, Perforce, or Git.
- Mobile application development, particularly for the iOS platform. This is a big plus and will highlight your candidacy.
Experience with design on mobile platforms is a big plus as well.
Interested individuals should send a brief email along with a resume to email@example.com. If we are interested, we will contact you to set up a phone interview.
eNotes offers an excellent compensation package, including health/dental insurance, and an incentive stock option plan.
eNotes has been online since 2003, serving millions of students and teachers every year. The company is privately held and has been profitable since its outset. eNotes has its offices in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle.
Quantcast ranks eNotes in the top 500 websites worldwide.