Dave Eggers is the main character and narrator of his memoir. He tells the story of his parents’ deaths and what happens to the siblings afterwards. Dave has an older brother Bill, whom Dave says is a Republican who works in a think tank. Dave’s older sister Beth is in law school throughout much of the memoir. She is supportive of Dave’s efforts in raising their youngest brother, eight-year-old Christopher, nicknamed Toph. Beth comes in and out of the picture, but mostly in a supportive role.
The true main...
(The entire page is 832 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE