In the following viewpoint Jonny Bowden argues that the American diet does not supply the essential vitamins and minerals necessary for good health. According to Bowden, vitamin supplements are essential to maintaining good health and avoiding disease. He contends that supplements strengthen the immune system, improve memory and brain function, protect the liver, and reduce the risk of cancer. Bowden is a certified nutrition specialist and the author of Jonny Bowden’s Shape Up!
As you read, consider the following questions:
1. How does the author define the...
(The entire page is 2625 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE