In the following viewpoint Eric L. Foxman argues that homeopathy—a therapy that administers minute doses of a substance that, in a healthy person, would produce symptoms similar to the illness—is a safe and effective therapy. He maintains that, like vaccines, homeopathic medicines enhance the body’s healing process by stimulating the immune system. By administering small doses of medicine, homeopathy avoids the side effects associated with conventional drug treatments, according to Foxman. Foxman is a pharmacist and consultant to complementary pharmaceutical manufacturers....
(The entire page is 2189 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE