According to Roland J. Lamarine in the following viewpoint, many people view alternative therapies as harmless options to conventional medicine. However, he argues, alternative medicine is based on unscientific, unproven theories. Lamarine asserts that alternative therapies can actually harm patients by subjecting them to dangerous treatments. Lamarine maintains that people should be skeptical of therapies that are not subjected to the same rigorous tests as are conventional medical treatments. Lamarine is on the faculty of the Department of Health and Community Services at California...
(The entire page is 2192 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE