- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (1998) is Rowling's first installment in her series about the young wizard. In it, Harry first discovers he is a wizard; he also learns that the world of magic will offer him a home, a place to find friends, and to fit in.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (1999) continues Harry's journey through his second year at Hogwarts. Rowling shows Harry facing Voldemort for the second time and learning he has more in common with the evil wizard than he ever imagined.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban...
(The entire page is 397 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE