1. Whispering the “awful word,” Sissy divulges that her father is a what?
2. What word always reminds Sissy of stutterings?
3. What “terrible communication” does Sissy make about her mother?
4. What does Sissy remember her father doing when she was “quite a baby”?
5. What is Sissy’s reply to Louisa’s question about where she lived with her father?
6. Which of the stories Sissy read her father did he seem particularly to enjoy?
7. What was the object of Sissy’s father’s one outburst of...
(The entire page is 319 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE