Write a short piece similar to ‘‘Happy Endings’’ that deals with the ‘‘how’’ and ‘‘why’’ of storytelling as opposed to the ‘‘what.’’
Research the literary concepts of metafiction and postmodernism. Do you think ‘‘Happy Endings’’ falls into either or both of these categories? Explain your answer.
Write a version G for the story that differs significantly from any of the versions Atwood wrote but is still thematically and stylistically related.
Imagine that you were conducting an interview with Atwood after reading this piece....
(The entire page is 126 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE