1. Why doesn’t Gilead give Handmaids “pig balls” to pass the time?
2. Why does Offred increasingly dream of Luke and her child?
3. What does Moira mean to Offred?
4. The TV news is meant to show Gilead’s successes. Why does Offred manage to take comfort from it?
5. Why is Gilead transporting African Americans to “homelands” in remote areas?
6. Why are parts of the house the Commander’s and other parts Serena Joy’s?
7. Why is the Ceremony likely to be unsuccessful?
8. What does the hidden pat of...
(The entire page is 709 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE