Mrs. Whimple: the landlady to the Barleys
Bill Barley: Clara’s father
Mr. Campbell: the name that Provis has taken when he moves into Mrs. Whimple’s boarding house
Pip goes to Mill Pond Bank to locate the boarding house where Provis is now living. He is greeted at the door by Herbert and meets Clara for the first time. Clara’s father lives upstairs; because he is an invalid, he never comes down. Clara’s father gets her attention by banging on the floor and yelling. Pip decides not to tell...
(The entire page is 561 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE