- Brain Trust
- First New Deal: The first hundred days
- A growing government
- Critics of the First New Deal
- The Second New Deal
- Election of 1936 and the Democratic Coalition
- Court-packing bill
- Recession of 1937
- Last New Deal legislation
- End of the New Deal
- For More Information
" I pledge you, I pledge myself, to a new deal for the American people. Let us all here assembled constitute ourselves prophets [dedicate ourselves to the development]...
(The entire page is 4943 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE