Legal Citation: 364 U.S. 339 (1960)
C. G. Gomillion, et al.
Lightfoot, Mayor of Tuskegee, et al.
That the state of Alabama re-created the Tuskegee City boundaries to eliminate most African American residents, preventing them from voting in city elections in violation of the Fifteenth Amendment.
Chief Lawyers for Petitioners
Fred D. Gray, Robert L. Carter
Chief Lawyer for Respondents
James J. Carter
(The entire page is 1224 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE