In the following viewpoint, Judith Lean and David Rind assert that the role of a variable sun in global warming accounts for, at best, one-half of the recorded warming since 1850 and less than one-third of the warming observed over the last twentyfive years. The most likely cause of climate change since the start of the Industrial Revolution 150 years ago, according to the authors, is the growing atmospheric concentration of greenhouse gases originating from human activity. Judith Lean is a solar physicist at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory in Washington, D.C. David Rind is a...
(The entire page is 2532 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE