In the following viewpoint, Robert T. Watson claims that the overwhelming majority of scientific experts believe that human activity is causing global warming through the emission of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. Watson maintains that the global warming trend recorded throughout the twentieth century is extreme and atypical, particularly when contrasted with earth’s relatively stable climate during the past ten thousand years. Human-induced global warming will put more stress on ecological and economic systems already adversely affected by pollution and poor management, in the...
(The entire page is 2886 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE