Paul Kingsnorth, a journalist and deputy editor of Ecologist magazine, contends in the following viewpoint that global warming will cause severe human health problems and lead to the deaths of many people. According to the author, floods, heat waves, and hurricanes due to global warming are already affecting human health, injuring or killing thousands and leaving survivors to endure famine and malnutrition. Another threat to health posed by global warming is the increase in diseases spread by pests and insects. According to Kingsnorth, many disease-carrying insects will find more...
(The entire page is 2729 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE