According to Richard D. Terry, a marine geologist and former consultant to the U.S. Defense Department, environmental alarmists are wrong in their assertion that global warming will cause the flooding of low-lying areas through rising sea levels. In Terry’s opinion, predicting changes in sea level involves the consideration of complex changes in tides, earth movements, and other oceanic and climatic processes, none of which can be accurately modeled by the computer simulations of global warming advocates. Terry claims that rising temperatures will increase evaporation and lead to more...
(The entire page is 2685 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE