In the following viewpoint, S. Fred Singer argues that contrary to dire scenarios of floods and famine, global warming remains scientifically unproven and does not pose a threat to the environment and human welfare. Singer maintains that politicians, the media, environmentalists, and bad science have joined forces to foist a global warming scare on the American public. According to Singer, these factions promote a fear of global warming in order to secure research grant money and justify the expansion of government control over personal behavior. Singer is professor emeritus of...
(The entire page is 2531 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE