In the following viewpoint, Dennis T. Avery argues that the anticipated global warming of 3.5 degrees Fahrenheit over the twenty-first century will have many positive impacts. According to Avery a warmer earth will result in lush forests, a decrease in climate-related disasters, increased food production, and a healthier human population. He describes a medieval period when temperatures increased by an amount similar to what is currently forecasted, and he concludes that this warming had a favorable impact on the world’s population at the time. Avery is director of the Center for...
(The entire page is 3136 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE