Advocates of the man-made global warming theory are convinced that rising temperatures will take a toll on human health and economic security, further damaging an environment rendered fragile by pollution, water shortages, and overpopulation. One effect of global warming that is of particular concern to climate forecasters is the growing prevalence of massive hurricanes, floods, and droughts. Scientists and environmentalists believe that these types of extreme weather events will become increasingly common in a world undergoing rapid warming. Many fear that humanity, particularly in...
(The entire page is 341 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE