L.F. Ivanhoe is an energy exploration consultant in Ojai, California. In the following viewpoint, Ivanhoe asserts that high energy demands will soon exceed the production of crude oil from known reserves. Ivanhoe contends that because of the unlikelihood of discovering large oil fields, oil reserves will become rapidly depleted, thus producing a permanent oil shortage. According to Ivanhoe, this inevitable shortage will result in higher fuel prices, high inflation, and fuel rationing.
As you read, consider the following questions:
1. According to Ivanhoe, what was the...
(The entire page is 2817 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE