Haseltine, Patricia. "The Voices of Gerald Vizenor: Survival through Transformation." American Indian Quarterly (Winter 1985): 31-47.
Considers Vizenor's use of the trickster in his novel Earthdivers.
Jahner, Elaine. "Cultural Shrines Revisited." American Indian Quarterly (Winter 1985): 23-9.
Describes Vizenor's use of metaphor to discuss the power of language.
Olsen, Lance. "Third Generation Post-Modernists." American Book Review...
(The entire page is 338 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE