At a glance:
- Author: Gail Henion
Gail Sheehy (SHEE-hee), born Gail Henion, is a journalist and nonfiction writer who specializes in psychological biographies and studies of life span and developmental psychology. Born to Harold Merritt and Lillian Rainey Henion, Sheehy grew up and attended high school in Mamaroneck, New York. A 1958 graduate of the University of Vermont, she pursued a dual major in English and home economics. After college, her first employment was as a consumer representative for the J. C. Penney Company. In 1960, she married Albert Francis Sheehy, and they moved to Rochester, New...
(The entire page is 1007 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE