Michael Cromartie: Your book [Slouching Towards Gomorrah: Modern Liberalism and American Decline] describes the role the Supreme Court has played in promoting cultural decline in America. How has that happened?
Robert H. Bork: Consider Cohen v. California (1971), a case in which a young man wore a jacket into a courthouse that had obscenities written on the back that suggested performing an implausible sexual act with the Selective Service System. He was arrested, and the Supreme Court said he couldn’t be convicted. One of the reasons given was...
(The entire page is 1086 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE