By the time Robert Jordan, Maria, and Pilar return to the camp, it has begun to snow. Pablo predicts a significant snowstorm. Robert Jordan asks him if Rafael has yet returned, but he has not. He asks Pablo to go with him to the upper post, but Pablo says he will have no part of this bombing mission. He warns the American that he might miss the post, but Robert Jordan says that Anselmo is waiting for him. Pablo says that the snowstorm may delay the offensive. They go into the cave where Maria is cooking on the fire. Pablo and Robert Jordan drink a toast to the snow. Pablo tells Robert...
(The entire page is 412 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE