1905: There is widespread student protest against the Russian injustices, particularly educational inequality.
1964: Students are among the first to demonstrate for greater civil rights and to speak out against American involvement in Vietnam.
Today: While the spirit of social protest is alive and well, nation-wide mass demonstrations are less common due to less overt social injustices and the absence of a war such as Vietnam.
1905: There is widespread prejudice against Jews in Russia. There...
(The entire page is 367 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE