SANDRA M. GILBERT AND SUSAN GUBAR (ESSAY DATE 1988)
SOURCE: Gilbert, Sandra M., and Susan Gubar. “The Battle of the Sexes: The Men’s Case.” In No Man’s Land: The Place of the Woman Writer in the Twentieth Century, pp. 3-62. New Haven, Conn.: Yale University Press, 1988.
In the following excerpt, Gilbert and Gubar detail the views of early twentieth-century male authors regarding the burgeoning women’s movement.
In 1913, one Walter Heape, M.A., F.R.S.—a reader in zoology at Cambridge—produced a book...
(The entire page is 8054 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE